Russam GMS has long recognised the importance of the CV as the critical marketing document to enable Interim Managers to be considered for assignments.
Glyn Lloyd is Business Manager at Russam GMS. He has seen literally thousands of CVs come across his desk over the past ten years. Glyn says:
“The answer, of course, to the question, “What is the best CV?” – is that there is no best CV – it’s personal. But there are some basic rules, some characteristics that are built into all the good ones and we have tried to bring these out in our CV Guidelines in this Section of our website.”
FocusCV Service, a three-stage product:
…preparation of a CV focused on your generic skills relevant to your target markets, demonstrating your breadth of experience and competencies for a clearly stated functional area. This will probably be your prime marketing document, and it is important to be as tight as possible in respect of your ‘product’ offer.
…refining the CV to focus exclusively on your core product offering concentrating on a much narrower set of skills and competencies in depth, but allowing your background and other data to give weight to this. This CV will be aimed at specific roles/sectors you want to target.
…with alarming frequency, jobs, professional disciplines, markets and economies are changing – as also are we ourselves, as individuals. We need to be very ready and very agile in finding the best ways in which to respond to all this. The CVFocus Service offers reviews of your CV to see that they reflect your optimum skills, competencies and professional profile in changing market circumstances. We help in the re-inventing process.
Chris Haworth – TheCareerDoctors
Chris Haworth is an Independent Practitioner specialising in advising senior Executives in career transition matters. He has had several years as a consultant for major Interim Management providers – Veredus and PwC. Prior to this he had over 15 years as a senior executive search and selection consultant for a leading professional accountancy firm- Coopers & Lybrand -and the ICAEW Chartac recruitment arm, following a business career, in the finance and consultancy roles, and as an officer in the Royal Engineers. He is also currently an Associate of EuroCareer Consultants as an outplacement consultant.
Chris says: “Whether you are an Interim Manager of some experience or this is a new career change for you, it is crucial you have a CV that leads to assignment wins for you.”
For those of you who require some professional one to one help then contact Chris Haworth of TheCareerDoctors at email@example.com to discuss what he can do for you and his fees for doing this. We do urge you to consider this service. Getting your product offer as clear and as concise as possible will markedly increase your chance of winning assignments. A small and very worthwhile investment we firmly believe!
For those who already have several successful assignments under their belts…
- Do you need to appraise your success as an interim?
- Is your CV focused on your key skills & competencies?
- Do you have a marketable set of core skills?
- Are you reaching out to the right target market(s)?
- Does your CV need a ‘retune’ to reflect the above?
For those of you who are new to a career as an Interim Manager…
- Do you have a business offering to attract?
- Have you the skills & attributes to succeed?
- What are your real career achievements?
- What are you offering as an interim?
- Do you have a CV to reflect the above?
As part of the service, Chris can also give assistance or refresh your thinking with the following crucial areas:
- Your target markets, both clients and interim providers
- Defining your core competencies and relating them to the market
- Advice on setting up and running an interim business
- How to succeed at interviews and win the assignment
- Marketing yourself and understanding your competition
- Delivering the assignment successfully